I just get this new laptop for a while, well.. so far I have noticed quite a lot bug, but somehow some of them can be workarounded.
Here’s a blog from other people which also talks about yoga 2 pro on linux.
to summarize (for linux 3.12 case, things might get fixed in the future)
- blacklist ideapad_laptop , it will simply break wifi and bluetooth, if you have disabled wifi under windows 🙁
unfortunately I don’t have windows anymore so I can’t go to windows to enable it.
My own experience:
- if you meet suspend will resume immediately problem, here’s my script
echo XHC > /proc/acpi/wakeup echo EHC1 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
- xhci driver with my usb ethernet card will cause kernel panic, maybe this is not specific to this model. but use it on a usb 2 port can workaround.
- iwlwifi sometimes will give “need hardware reset” and disconnect.
- bluetooth doesn’t work and need hciconfig hci0 up, this seems to be a 3.12 general problem.
Well.. I found back during 3.0 era, the hardware support under linux seems to be much better than now, or it has been always awful and I just had good luck 3 years ago.
Let’s we need after how many release it will get fixed.